The Parish of Our Lady of Good Counsel began life in January 1924 as a Mass Centre, served from the parish of Stock. The first church was opened on 27th May 1928 and the first resident priest was appointed in 1932. The parish was formally established in 1935.
The second church (which is now Our Lady’s Hall) was opened in November, 1951.
In autumn 1971 the construction of the present church began. It was completed in 1972 and opened on 20 December. The architects were Burles, Newton & Partners and the building cost about £30,000 (without fittings). The church was consecrated by Bishop Casey on 8 December 1976, when the relics of the martyrs Saints Clement and Victoria were inserted in the altar.
Parish Priests and Priests in Charge
- 1932-1933 Fr Henry Healy (Priest-in-charge)
- 1933-1936 Fr Harold Cahill (Priest-in-charge)
- 1936-1955 Fr William Loveland
- 1955-1967 Fr Bernard Collings
- 1967-1969 Fr John Gallagaher
- 1969-1975 Fr Malachy Kelly
- 1975-1989 Canon Vincent Hurley
- 1989-1997 Fr Francis Hastings
- 1997-2002 Fr George Towler
- 2002-2010 Fr John Glynn
- 2010-2012 Fr Dan Mason
- 2012- Fr John Corbyn