Welcome to the Catholic Parish of Our Lady of Good Counsel, London Road, Wickford, Essex. Here you will find details about many of the services, events and activities which take place within our parish. Whether you are new to the parish, visiting Wickford for the weekend, or a long standing parishioner, we hope that you find this website helpful and informative.
Open for Public Masses from Wednesday 2nd December
I am happy to advise that from Wednesday 2nd December we will be able to celebrate public Masses here at our Lady of Good Counsel.
For weekday Masses, you do not need to book a place in advance, however, you will still be required to enter your contact details on arrival at the church.
For Saturday evening Mass and Sunday Masses please book your attendance at Mass in advance using the online facility below (which will become active from 1pm on the Sunday before).
Face coverings are still mandatory in Places of Worship. All those who are attending church must wear a face covering unless, they are a child under the age of 11, or exempt from doing so.
Please also bear the following in mind before you book:
- The Sunday Masses will revert to the normal schedule of the Saturday night Vigil Mass at 6pm, and the Sunday Masses at 9am and 11am.
- Public weekday Masses will only be available on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 9.20am. However, the Masses on Tuesday and Saturday morning will still be live-streamed, as will all the Masses.
- In respect of Sunday Masses (including the Vigil), doors to the Church will be opened half an hour before Mass begins. If you have booked, you should aim to arrive at the church earlier than normal (say 15mins before Mass begins) so that you can be seated safely. As in a restaurant, you will have to wait to be seated by one of the ushers in order to ensure social distancing and that all people are seated in an ordered fashion. You will not be able to sit wherever you please. (Also please note that Masses will be shorter than normal).
- In respect of the weekday Masses the church will open at 9.00am.
- Once Mass begins, no one will be allowed entry to the church, even if they have booked.
- For the time being, no-one below the age of 16 will be permitted to attend on their own.
- Toilets will be closed. Please make sure you go to the toilet before you come to Mass.
- You will be required to hand sanitise when you enter the church.
- For Distribution of Holy Communion, and for a safe exit from the Church, please be led by the ushers.
I am sorry that there seem to be so many ‘hoops’ to go through, but the idea is to ensure that everyone feels safe and is safe when they are in the church. Obviously, if you are shielding at present, please do not book up.